- 1 Configuration Milestones
- 2 Fees Configuration
Admission configuration leads to admission form design. All sections in admission configuration define what input will the applicant choose from and see in the admission form.
Configuration process includes the following
Add departments where admissions are opening, for e.g. BE-Comp, BE-Elect. Etc.
Entrance exam Configuration
- Multiple entrance exams can be added in terms of score, percentage, percentile, rank, grade etc. For each entrance exam eligibility conditions can be specified
- Two types of entrance exam can be distinguished here.
- Admissions happening on the basis of state/national level entrance exam like CAT, MAT etc.
- Institute’s entrance exam.
- CAT – 1-100 Percentile
- MAT – 1- 100 Percentage
- ATMA – 1- 400 Score
Admission Quota Configuration
Quota Type : Linguistic minority Quota, management Quota, CAP Quota etc.
Admission Category Configuration
Category Reservation: within quota, categories like Open, OBS, SC, ST, NT etc.
Admission Intake Configuration
During defining admission department, intake for each shift is specified.
However admission quota wise, and within quota, category wise admission intake can be defined either as percentage of total seats or in numbers.
- Intake – 120
- Institutional Quota - 20%
- CAP Quota 80 %
- Within CAP quota 50 % for open category, 19 % for OBC etc.
Each programme/course can have different eligibility criteria. That too criteria may differ for Open category candidate and other categories.
All of this can be specified in percentage or number of seats.
Example of eligibility criteria specification like SSC, HSC, any graduation, specific graduation etc.
- Also for Open category say
- SSC – 50 % Marks
- HSC – 50 % Marks
- Any graduation – 50%
- For OBC Category
- SSC – 45 % Marks
- HSC – 45 % Marks
- Any graduation – 45%
Admission Rounds Configuration
Admission schedule can be configured in terms of
- Application form opening to public start date and end date
- Selection criteria for the application form
- Entrance exam date, if entrance exam is to be conducted by the institute
- Provisional merit list declaration date
- Final merit list declaration date
- Counseling round and spot admissions date. If Counseling round and spot admission date is configured then LIVE board displaying the available seats in various quota and category, admitted students, vacant seats and waiting list etc. are displayed.
Admission round configuration also includes configuration of application form in terms of –
- Application Form No. to Start with
- Applicant Profile image to be uploaded
- Documents to be uploaded
- Should the applicant be allowed to select admission Quota
- If the applicant should enter entrance exam details
- If the applicant is allowed to choose subjects within a program
- If the applicant is allowed to choose the medium of instruction
- If the applicant is allowed to specify, his sponsorship details
Multiple documents for each category can be specified. All these documents are required to be uploaded by the applicant along with admission form, and also need to be produced at the time of admission. e.g. Transfer certificate, SSC Mark-sheet, HSC Mark-sheet etc.
Office Documents templates can be created and associated with admission forms such as anti ragging undertaking, interim fees undertaking etc.
- Financial Year start and end date needs to be configured
- Various ledgers such as Caution money deposit, tution fees, development fees, mess-charges, hostel fees, transportation fees etc. can be defined
- Fees structure is configurable in terms of
- Fee heads
- Grouping of various heads
- Fees structure configuration can be done for each course each year separately. This configuration will be applicable for OPEN Category students. For each Quota each feed head amount can be changed.
- For every category, if sponsorship facility is supported by some organization, organization name needs to be configured. Later what categories, what % age of the total amount for each head will be sponsored by the organization, needs to be configured.
Lets assume normal fees configuration applicable for open category student is as follows
Assume an organization ABC sponsoring 50 % of Tution fees for OBC Category students, another Organization XYZ sponsoring 100 % development fees for female students.
|Fees Head||Amount||Organization ABC||Organization XYZ|
|Caution Money Deposit||15000.00|
|Development Fees||37000.00||18500(Female Student)|
|Hostel and Mess Charges||86500.00|
|Tution Fees||53000.00||26500 (OBC students)||53000( Female Student)|
Assume Three students as follows
- Raghav Dutta Open Category, Male
- Shyam Bhaskar OBC Category, Male
- Garima Desai OBC Category, Female
|Fees Head||Amount||Raghav Dutta||Shyam Bhaskar||ABC||Garima Desai||ABC||XYZ|
|Caution Money Deposit||15000.00||15000.00||15000.00||15000.00|
|Hostel and Mess Charges||86500.00||86500.00||86500.00||86500.00|
- Raghav Dutta One invoice of Rs 1,99,000.00 in his name
- Shyam Bhaskar Total two invoices, One for Rs 1,72,500.00 in students name and One Invoice of 26,500.00 in the name of Organization ABC
- Garima Desai Total three invoices, One for Rs 1,35,500.00 in students name and One Invoice of 26,500.00 in the name of Organization ABC, and third one in name of Organization XYZ for amount 37,000.00
Subject wise Fees Configuration
If subject choice and subject fee is applicable, subject wise fee should be configured by head admin, or academic admin
Finance admin needs to add ledger for Subject fee, journal fee, course fee etc.
Fees may also differ for various categories of students. Accordingly on selection of subjects, appropriate amount of challan will be generated
Total Fee is Rs. 5000/- , For Mathematics- Rs. 450/-, For Secretarial Practices- Rs.100/- , For Information Technology- Rs. 4000/-
In case of student opting for Mathematics, the total fees would be Rs. 5450/-
In case of student opting for Secretarial Practices, the total fees would be Rs. 5100/-
In case of student opting for Information Technology, the total fees be Rs. 9000/-