Batch is a bunch of students administered to a program from admission year up-to expected passing year. Suppose a bunch of 60 students is taking admission in a four year course of BE - Comp program, in the academic year 2018-2019 than the batch BE - COMP 2018-2022 will be formed and expected passing year for students would be 2022.
Few student may however have year down and pass later, but for identification the batch will be BE - COMP 2018-2022 as the batch indicates the admission year. Batch management allows a user to edit or modify the settings of existing batch.
Head Admin, Academic Admin
Academic Admin login >>Schedule >> Batch Management
Head Admin login >> Academics >> Academics Schedule >> Batch Management
- Program: Program is usually similar to qualification but not always. In Engineering colleges, all first year students are allocated to the program "Applied Science" which is a mixed group for teaching basics of Engineering to all specialization. In the second year Applied Science students are distributed to different programs(non-functional departments) like BE - Comp, BE - Civil, BE Mech.
- Batch: Batch is a Lot of students administered to a program from admission year upto expected passing year. For example a four year course of BE - Comp with admission year 2018 and expected passing year 2022 will have the batch 2018-22 The student may however have year - down and pass later, but for identification batch remains the same.
- Term Name/Semester Name: In a four year program there can be 8 semesters/term or 12 semesters/term or only 4 semesters/term depending on whether the term is 6 months or 4 months or 12 months.
- Section/Divisions: In a program BE Comp Batch 2018-22 there can be 3 sections/divisions of 40 students each.
- Admission Year: Suppose a student takes admission to a program BE Comp Batch 2018-22 than the Admission year for this student is 2018.
- Academic Year: Academic year is the year during which students attend a program.For example a batch of student admitted to program BE Comp in a year 2018 than the first Academic year for these students would be 2018-2019.
- Programme Name
- Term Name/Semester Name
- Section/Division Name
- Edit option for term start date and term end date.
- Students of a particular program can be divided into batches/division/sections.
- Batches/division/sections can be activated and deactivated.
For a batch / division / section following settings can be configured :
- Can change batch status from Running to Planning.
- Mark running batch as In-active.Would mark the current running batch as Inactive.
- Re-admissions/next year course(subject) choice can be defined.
- Initiate no due process for students.
- Can fetch history data for faculty course(subject) allocation and time table.
- Can fetch history data for concurrent evaluations.
- Allocate students with core course(subject).
- Can define other course(subject) choice activity.
- Update or modify student course(subject) joining date.
- Teacher can add date for marks entry.
- Can modify syllabus in case of syllabus mismatch.
- Can perform student course(subject) group mapping.
- Student course(subject) priority can be mapped.
For a batch / division / section the following can be configured :
- Define source of attendance.
- Define evaluation parameters like round/ceiling/truncate etc.
- Define SMS/Email configuration settings as to at what regular interval the attendance records should be sent to both present & absent students via SMS/Email.
- Define SMS/Email configuration settings for non conduction of lecture.
- Define Time slots for marking attendance for theory as well as practical session.
- Define SMS/Email configuration settings for alerts to be sent to faculty for lectures(Upcoming lecture,Cancelled lecture & Adjusted lecture).
For a Term following can be configured :
- Can add new Division.
- Specify Division Capacity.
- Define Prefix and Roll number start digit.
- Can edit or delete Division.
Configuration and it's effects
Primary Functionality :
CASE 1 :- Change to Planning
- Batches can be created in two states running & planning.
- Running Batch indicates that current batch is active and divisions under same batch are functioning for regular academics.
- Future term batches can be created with status as planning.
- Change batch from running status to planning status.
CASE 2 :- Mark it Inactive
- Currently active batch can be marked as inactive.
- If current term is marked in-active, user will not be able to access this term in any academic activity.
- Academic session date & teaching plan date should be past dates only then batches can be marked as inactive.
- Another effect of this functionality is : if user has no batches in planning state and still current batch is marked inactive all the students available in the batch will be automatically be added to fresher student list.
Miscellaneous Functionality :
CASE 1 :- Re-admission/Next year course(subject) choice
- Enables admission process options for students, say student passing from first year and going to second year, shall take admission again in second year.
- Can define next year course(subject) choice for students.
- Based on selection of semester, course(subject) selection option gets enabled for students for defined duration.
- Admission process fees collection payment mode can be defined. From the given options any combination of payment modes can be configured. Accordingly payment options will be available at the student end.
CASE 2 :- Initiate Student No Due
CASE 3 :- Fetch Previous Employee Course(Subject) Allocation and Time table
- This option helps to fetch allocations of course(subjects) to employees of the last academic year in the current year. Pre-condition being the syllabus pattern should be the same in last academic year and this year.
- The option is available or valid only if there is no new faculty course(subject) allocation done in the time table at all, If their is any allocation done than this functionality shall not work and would throw an exception.
- Although after fetching the employee & course(subject) from past user can edit or modify the same.
CASE 4 :- Fetch Previous Course File Evaluations
- The option helps to fetch Course file evaluation parameters from past respective semester.
- For example a faculty may teach “Mathematics” to second year batch odd semester every year, so she can fetch course file evaluation parameters from last year batch odd semester for current running batch in odd semester.
- The evaluation parameters could be Assignment, Quiz, Assessment, Projects, etc.
CASE 5 :- Student Core Course(Subject) Allocations
- The option enables allocating mandatory course(subject) to all the students available in batch.
CASE 6 :- Other Course(Subject) Choice Activity
- This functionality is used for extra credit scores concept.
- It helps student select course(subject) other than regular batch.
- Say in an university their are multiple institute with different programs but students from any program are allowed to select any elective course(subject) from options available at university level.
- Based on student selection the elective course(subject) group would be formed and regular academic process can be carried out.
CASE 7 :- Update Student Course(Subject) Joining Date
- When a batch is created the same date is considered as section joining date for students, from the same date academic begins for students.
- This update functionality enables to update student course(subject) joining date.
- Assume a student joins section/division a month later after the actual academic session begins, in this scenario the attendance and other activity for this student would start a month later.
CASE 8 :- Teacher/Faculty Marks Entry Date
- The functionality is used to add dates for marks entering for students.
- Evaluation schema and its parameters can be defined.
- For example program BE - COMP has Unit Test of 50 marks and there are multiple parameters for unit test say orals has 10 marks, written is 30 marks and internal assessment is 10 marks. In the mentioned scenario the Evaluation schema is Unit Test and Oral, Written and Internal assessment are parameters for evaluation.
CASE 9 :- Syllabus Mismatch
- Syllabus mismatch is used in case of multiple syllabus allocated to a batch.
- In case if a particular batch has replicated copies of syllabus and user wish to delete other mismatching syllabus he may do the same from this option.
CASE 10 :- Course(Subject) Group Mapping
- Enables to select existing group of student based on course(subject) group selection and same shall be applied to current term.
- Say in First year (semester 1) of a program you already have group of students created based on elective course(subjects) so by using this functionality you can map the same group in First year (semester 2) for current batch.
CASE 11 :-Student Course(Subject) Priority Mapping
- Helps in matching course(subject) priority from past semester with current semester.
Step by step
Follow Below mentioned steps
1) Batch Management Option
2) Edit Term
3) Primary and Miscellaneous Functionality
4) Edit Section/Division
5) Add Timetable for Section/Division
6) Change Batch to Planning state
7) Mark Batch as Inactive