Appraisal and Feedback Module the 720 degree coverage
A formal assessment, typically in an interview, of the performance of an employee over a particular period.
The performance appraisal is the process of assessing employee performance by way of comparing present performance with already established standards which have been already communicated to employees, subsequently providing feedback to employees about their performance level for the purpose of improving their performance as needed by the organization.
A 360-degree performance appraisal
· is where your raters include people at all levels of relationship with you, i.e. bosses, peers/colleagues, subordinate and self appraisal
· 360 degree = four person review (self, boss, peers, and direct reporters)
A 270-degree performance appraisal
· Three person review (self, boss, and peers or direct reports)
A 180-degree performance appraisal
· on the other hand, is where your raters are at the same level as you (peers or colleagues), and a person you report to.
· 180 degree = two person review (self and boss/manager)
A 90-degree performance appraisal
· would be a single person review. Either a self evaluation or a boss creates the review.
· 90 degree = one person review (self or another, the boss)
540 degree performance appraisal
· Superior, peer group, subordinate, self and Student feedback
720 degree performance appraisal
· Superior, peer group, subordinate, self and Alumni, Parent, Exit Survey of Students
· It also includes Feedback on every aspect of functioning of the Organization
Appraisal and its effect
- Employee Profile
- FDA (Faculty Development Assistance)
- Goal Setting
Employee Profile includes
- Personal Details
- Family Details
- Subject Taught
- Medical Details
- Subject Taught
- Conferences/Seminar/Conclave attended and Organized
- Workshops attended and Organized
- Research Project
- Research Guidance
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Patent / Copyright
- Skill Upgradation
- Work Experience
- Research Interest
- Industrial Liaisoning
- Signification Achievement
- Appointment Status
- Service Book
- Self Contribution/Addl. Responsibilities
FDA : Faculty Development Assistance
Some institutions associate Scores with each of the above accomplishments according to some set of rules.
Any updation in employee profile is scrutinized and scores are allocated. These scores are then converted into monetary assistance in promoting employees to attend research conferences and other trainings. This process comes under Faculty Development Assistance.
Most of the fields in Employee Profile are used to measure Employees Growth over a period of time and hence are important for Appraisal.
In the process of appraisal if any short comings are found in the employee the Managers can suggest some refresher courses or trainings etc.
This process flow comes under goal-setting.
Once Goals are set for an employee to be achieved in certain tenure, employee can update his Profile once those trainings are undertaken and the Targets in the Goal Setting can be marked achieved.
Employee appraisal covers – Self Appraisal, Peer Appraisal, Appraisal by Subordinate, Managerial Appraisal.
The Appraisal form itself is completely configurable. Configuration points include
- Performance Indicators or Assessment Questions
- Competency Measure
- Grading of Performance indicators or Assessment Questions.
- Type of Input expected from the user
- Schedule of Appraisal filling
Other than this a UGC Standard Appraisal Schema is given and quantifies the employee profile numerically.
It can be directly used for measuring employee growth.
Feedback Like Appraisal is Completely configurable and includes several type of feedback mechanism
- Feedback for faculty teaching courses : This is also the most common one. And is done sometimes after every session or atleast twice in a term
- Feedback for Program
- Institute Feedback
- Library Feedback
- Exam Section Feedback
- Hostel Feedback
- Feedback by Alumni
- Transport Feedback
- Feedback by Interns
Apart from this other feedbacks which can be configured are
- Feedback by Employers (who come for placement)
- Event Feedback
- Feedback of Employee Applicant by Reference Person
- Feedback by Visitor
- Feedback by Parents
- Any Other Feedback