Thesis is a document submitted in support of candidature for an academic degree or professional qualification presenting the author's research and findings.In many universities Master students will be evaluated on the basis of Thesis and some other courses.Ph.D. candidate will be mainly evaluated on the basis of the Ph.D thesis submitted by him/her.
Academic Admin » Functioning » Thesis Evaluation
- Academic Admin Role Must be assigned
- Research Project Subject must configured in exam admin and replicated in academics
- Thesis Evaluation parameter must be configured in Evaluation Universe
- Faculty should be associated to that department/programme
- Ledgers should be added in Finance Admin
- Evaluation Parameter: Evaluation parameter is used to define assessment criteria for students in academics.User can create Evaluation Parameter for each component of Project like Topic Registration,Colloquium,Synopsis and Thesis.
- Guide : Guide shall mean a member of the academic staff of the University/Constituent Unit, who guide/supervise the research work of the candidate.
- HOD : Head of the Department
- Dean : The head of a university faculty or department.
- Faculty(Guide) Name
- Submission Date (start & End)
- Authority Details
- Thesis Component Configuration
- Grading Schema
- Able to allocate or de-allocate Faculty to Candidate
- Add Thesis Evaluation Parameter
- Able to configure rules for components
- Edit or Modify Thesis Component
- Delete Thesis Component
- Able to add Sub parameter for evaluation (If Required)
- Able to Configure Payment (If Required)
- Able to map referee
- Able to define grading schema to calculate grades and process result of Research Project
Configuration and it's Effects
CASE 1 :- Add Thesis Component
- Thesis component configuration need to defined in Thesis evaluation for student submission,approval and evaluation.
- Total Marks and Weightage need to defined for evaluation.
- If an evaluation universe has no parameters defined faculty shall have no option to add Thesis parameter for evaluation.
CASE 2 :- View/Edit or Delete Component
- User can edit Research Project component details except the parameter name.
- Delete evaluation parameter would delete the parameter in Thesis Evaluation Configuration.
CASE 3 :- Add/delete Parameter
- Parameters can be added if Thesis evaluation need to do on the basis of certain parameters with marks.
- Able to view or delete added parameter
CASE 4 :- Payment
- If Colleges collect Thesis fees from student for submission and evaluation it can be configured with an account head.In case students fails to complete and submit their Thesis then Repayment can be defined if applicable with some other conditions.
CASE 5 :- Guide & Referee Mapping
- For evaluation of student submission Guide and referee mapping can be defined in Thesis Evaluation Configuration.
Case 6 :- Grading Schema
- Able to define Grading Schema to calculate grade and process the Research Project Result.
- Able to replicate Grading Schema.
Step by step:
Follow Below mentioned steps
1) You can allocate/de allocate the Guide who will Guide candidates in completing the thesis and evaluate it.
2) Guide Allocation
- Guide can be assigned to the student for students research project approval and evaluation. In case of Master programme, we also have provision where guide allocation can be done on the basis of merit,student Guide and topic preference. You can also view and change student Guide allocation using given action button of Allocate and de-allocate Faculty to students.
3) Thesis Component Configuration
4) User can configure the other parameters like Parameter for evaluation,Payment or repayment required for submission of Thesis and mapping of referee.
5) Add Evaluation Parameter
- Parameter can be defined if evaluation need to be done on the basis of certain criteria and marks.
6) Add Payment
- Able to define payment for submission of Thesis if required,student will be able to pay amount online and after successful transaction candidate will be able submit the Thesis.Admin can also configure repayment of if applicable in case of candidate fails to submit it.